$5,163.62 – $6,276.41 Monthly
Are you a lateral, academy graduate or currently enrolled in a police academy? Are you looking for a challenging, fast paced environment where you will quickly gain experience and make a difference? We are looking for energetic and community oriented police officers to join our team and help us make Clearlake a cleaner, safer community.
We value our relationship with the community and enjoy strong support. We have a recently remodeled police facility, a fleet of new vehicles (inc. take home program), new on-site gym facility, new 911 dispatch center, up-to-date equipment and the latest in technology. We will provide you with the training, experience and tools to be your best.
We are a tight-knit team and we value the talent and contribution of each member – you won’t be lost amongst the masses here. We will get to know you, support you and offer you the opportunity to make a real difference in our community.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- Under general supervision to perform a variety of duties in the enforcement of laws and the prevention of crimes; to conduct and participate in general investigations of crimes, accidents, and cases involving public morals and welfare; to control traffic flow and enforce Sate and local traffic regulations; and to perform a variety of technical and administrative tasks in support of that Department.
- Patrol a designated area of the City to preserve law and order, discover and prevent the commission of crimes; enforce traffic and other laws and ordinances; check building for physical security.
- Respond to general public service calls and complaints including domestic disturbances, civil, complains property control, automobile accidents, robberies, related misdemeanors and felony incidents.
- Collect, process, photograph, and present evidence including fingerprints, fibers, blood, and related physical evidence.
- Enforce traffic laws and ordinances check speed with radar issue warnings and citations.
- Direct traffic at fires, special events, and other emergency or congested situations.
- Conduct traffic accident analyses and general traffic surveys; conduct investigations of serious injury and fatality traffic accidents.
- Contact and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in matters relating to the apprehension of offenders and the investigations of offenses.
Experience and Training Guidelines: Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver’s license.
One year of experience working with the public.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade and completion of a POST Academy (currently enrolled students may apply but can only be appointed upon successful completion of a POST Academy)