As an elite member of Olathe’s finest, you have an opportunity to join an exciting, dynamic department in a metropolitan city where your law enforcement skills will help protect and serve nearly 140,000 citizens. Our career avenues are wide open. Opportunities to serve include uniformed patrol, detectives, K-9, traffic unit with motorcycles, and school resource officer. Not to mention our specialized units to include the field training officer unit, hostage negotiations team, gang unit, peer support team, honor guard, and the tactical support unit.
There are tremendous opportunities for career advancement. You can go as far as your ambition and skills take you. We will provide the training and opportunities. There has never been a better time to join Olathe’s Finest.
$44,750.00 – $76,100.00 Annually
12/27/2019 8:00 AM Central
• Must be a United States citizen;
• Be 21 years of age by 4/22/2020;
• Have a high school diploma or GED;
• Have the ability to distinguish sounds to include a full range of tones and volumes;
• Have 20/20 corrected vision in both eyes;
• You must have the ability to read, speak, and write the English language fluently;
• Possess a valid driver's license;
• Establish a residence within a 45 mile radius of the main Olathe Police Department. Any new officer will have 1 year from their employment date to comply with this policy.
• Successfully pass all phases of the police hiring process (Written test(s), physical agility test, personal history statement, oral board interview, polygraph examination, background investigation, Chief of Police Interview, physical and psychological examination);
• Meet any other state and federal requirements presently in existence;