Hourly Salary Range $14.48 – $19.30
The purpose of this position is to ensure the safety and well being of students, faculty, and staff at the University of Montevallo (UM). Open or secure buildings and outlying facilities owned by UM. Provide various services to the public and perform specialized duties to ensure the functionality of all events or activities held at UM.
Essential Job Duties
1. Answer calls regarding criminal activities on campus.
2. Patrol the campus in search of possible criminal activities, and to deter criminal activities.
3. Open buildings for normal campus activities.
4. Secure buildings after school operations.
5. Serve on foot patrol in promoting safety, and to interact with the public.
6. Serve on foot patrol to ensure safety of residents in dormitories.
7. Provide mutual aid to surrounding agencies as needed.
8. Issue parking tickets to violators of the University of Montevallo parking regulations.
9. Respond to calls regarding locked vehicle doors, dead batteries, and flat tires.
10. Provide reports on incidents or offenses to the State of Alabama, and the University of Montevallo.
11. Arrest subjects in violation of Alabama Laws.
Education and Experience
The educational requirement for this position is: High School diploma/GED
Licenses, Certification or Registrations
Certifications, licenses, professional designations, or other qualifications required for this position include:
• Alabama Peace Officers Standards and Training Certification (police academy)required
• 12 hours minimum of continuing education annually
• Valid driver’s license
• Acceptable driving record
Certifications, licenses, professional designations, or other qualifications preferred for this position include: