Salary range: $6,029.00 – $8,847.00.
Closing Date: December 30, 2023.
Performs work assigned; protecting, preventing, enforcing, call responding, pursuing, investigating, arresting, reporting, testifying in court and relating to community policing responsibilities in preserving the peace and promoting the safety of citizens throughout the City of New Brighton. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Reads, learns and applies the laws, ordinances, policies, rules and other materials required to perform all assigned accountabilities of the position.
- Maintains order, enforces State laws and City ordinances, and protects life and property.
- Assists in investigating and/or preventing criminal offenses, accidents and other problem areas.
- Apprehends and controls offenders.
- Responds to medical emergencies and applying appropriate first aid and/or CPR.
- Prepares reports that include facts, analysis, and recommendations for action.
- Testifies in court.
- Monitors areas of the city and traffic.
- Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice or closely related field.
- Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) license.
- Emergency Medical Responder.
- Valid Driver’s License.