Are you looking for a new career opportunity, or to begin a career in law enforcement? One where you serve, protect, and promote the quality of life in the community? if so, the role of a Sioux Falls police officer may be the perfect fit for you!
HIRING RANGE DOQ: $29.50 – $34.11 hourly ($61,360 – $70,948 annual) (dependent on applicable POST-certified law enforcement experience)
SIGN ON BONUS: $5,000.00
Perform general police work in the protection of life and property, including conducting investigations, responding to emergencies, and conducting public education programs.
Qualifications and Skills:
Associate’s degree or at least 60 semester hours of college credits from an accredited institution; or two years of certified law enforcement experience; or two years of military experience; or any such combination of education, experience, and training as may be acceptable to the hiring authority.
An applicant must…
- Eligible for certification under the South Dakota Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Training Commission.
- United States citizen.
- At least 21 years of age at the time of interview, and no greater than 44 years of age at the time of interview.
- No unlawful use of prescribed drugs, controlled substances, or marijuana within one year before applying for certification.
- No prior conviction of a crime punishable by imprisonment in a federal or state penitentiary.
- Possess or able to obtain a valid driver’s license prior to hire.
- Vision correctable to at least 20/40 in each eye. Must recognize and distinguish colors of traffic control signals (red, green, and amber).
- Hearing capable of hearing forced whispered voice in the better ear at not less than 5 feet with or without a hearing aid, or average hearing loss in the better ear not greater than 40 decibels at 500, 1,000, and 2,000 Hz with or without a hearing aid.
- Successfully pass all phases of the hiring process designated by the Rules of Civil Service Board.