Patrols district properly to protect all students, personnel, and visitors from physical harm and prevent property loss due to theft or vandalism. Enforces all laws including municipal ordinances, county ordinances, and state laws.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Patrol assigned campus(es) and routes walking or driving within district jurisdiction.
- Responds to all calls from campuses concerning crisis situations, accidents, and reports of crime.
- Investigates criminal offenses that occur within district’s jurisdictions.
- Collect and preserve evidence for criminal investigations to include witness statements and physical evidence.
- Arrest perpetrators, file appropriate charges, and ensure placement in jail or juvenile detention centers for law violations as necessary.
- Write effective legal incident reports.
- Testify in court as needed.
- Attendance at work is an essential job function.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (recognized by the Texas Education Agency or regional accrediting agency)
- Active Texas Peace Officer License issued by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Clear and valid Texas Driver’s License
- Background in law enforcement or related work experience