Our goal at the police department is to have an agency that reflects the community and it’s values. Community policing and service to our citizens and visitors is our top priority. Crime prevention and problem solving is our method to achieve our goal. We believe preventing crime is preferable to prosecuting it and helps keep a high quality of life within the town. Our officers strive to serve this community with a fair and consistent approach that focuses on treating everyone with respect and dignity.
Newmarket Police Department is hiring full-time Police Officers to join their team in Newmarket, NH. The department seeks team-oriented candidates to create an eligibility list. The role offers a competitive salary of $55,640-$68,452, a “4 on 3 Off” work week, educational pay, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and more. Successful candidates undergo a rigorous selection process, including physical agility and oral board exams, background investigation, psychological and polygraph exams, medical evaluation, in-service training, and a one-year probationary period. Certified Officers receive preference.
- Uphold public safety and provide quality police services to the community.
- Collaborate with community members to maintain a safe and welcoming environment.
- Implement proactive, community-oriented policing strategies to prevent and control crime.
- Engage in crime prevention and problem-solving, treating everyone with respect and dignity.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Clean, valid driver’s license
- 21 Years of Age
- The selected candidate must successfully complete a physical agility test, an oral board exam, background investigation, psychological exam, polygraph exam, medical exam, in service training, and a one year probationary period. Additionally, non-certified candidates must successfully graduate from the NHPSTC Police Academy.