Salary: $87,672.00 – $110,934.00 Annually.
- Patrols the city and responds emergency and non-emergent calls for service, enforces laws, detects and prevents crime, and protects life and property.
- Investigates complaints involving violations of City ordinances, state and federal laws.
- Conducts legal searches, apprehends and arrests law violators, prepares accurate, timely, and thorough reports of incidents and arrests, and transports prisoners.
- Provides emergency medical care until more qualified personnel arrive on the scene.
- Assists other agencies as needed; maintains contact and cooperates as appropriate.
- Answers citizens’ requests for information including directions, regulations, ordinances and resources for information; provides information on status of complaints and investigations as appropriate.
- Maintains high visibility while on patrol.
- Assists in preparing cases and testifies at trials, hearings, grand juries or other legal proceedings.
- Operates and assists in maintaining department equipment and vehicles.
- Maintains skills proficiency as required by the Minnesota P.O.S.T. Board and Maplewood Police Department.
- May be assigned to perform one of several special work assignments.
- Associate degree in law enforcement, criminal justice or equivalent.
- Currently licensed as a full-time police officer by the Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training OR eligible to be licensed by December 31, 2023.
- Must possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license or equivalent out-of-state license.
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement, criminal justice or broadly equivalent field of study.
- Fluency in a language other than English, including sign language.