Perform functions related to the preservation of public peace and order, the prevention and detection of crime, the apprehension of offenders, the protection of persons and property, the enforcement of laws of the State of Indiana and the ordinances of the City of Muncie, the enforcement of rules and regulations of Ball State University, and the safeguarding of individual and collective rights of the citizenry.
Applicants with prior law enforcement/police experience that have/had powers of arrest and authorization to carry a weapon may be eligible for a higher starting rate up to $25.19/hour. To qualify for the higher starting rate, applicants must possess an Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Tier 1 Certification or a State/Federal Certification accepted through ILEA waiver requirements. Those with an expired certification requiring applicants to attend the ILEA academy and those employed exclusively within corrections/detention positions would not qualify for the increased starting rate.
1. Associate’s degree or two years of college or equivalent experience in law enforcement.
2. Successful completion of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy basic training course within the first year of employment or completion of an equivalent training
1. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under the university’s auto fleet policy.
2. Must be able to perform all mental and physical requirements as outlined in each job duty and be able to meet physical fitness standards as defined by the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy.
3. Must pass a written examination and polygraph test pre-offer.
4. Must pass a post offer/pre-employment psychological evaluation, medical, drug and alcohol test.
5. Must pass skills test.
6. Must be at least age 21 at time of hire.
Authorization to work in the US Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Successful completion of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy basic training course, or completion of an equivalent training program approved by the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board.
1. Law enforcement experience related to a campus/university environment.