We come from different places, have diverse backgrounds, and unique life experiences.
Above all, we’re part of our Baton Rouge community, and we’re committed to protecting and serving this city and the people who live here. Join us — be the change.
Applicants with no prior Law Enforcement experience will enter a 22-week basic training academy. Upon competition at the academy, they will undergo 16 weeks of field training supervised by a Field Training Officer. Upon successful completion of field training, they will be assigned to the Uniform Patrol Division to answer calls for service in the City of Baton Rouge.
As of Sept 10th, 2022, new, recruits can earn up to $51,898 after the completion of their first year.
NEW OFFICERS GET A $10,000 HIRING BONUS
LATERAL OFFICERS GET A $15,000 HIRING BONUS
1. You must be at least 21 years of age for Police Officer
2. You must be at least 18 years of age an no older than 21 years of age for Police Cadet
3. You must be at least 21 years of age for Communications Officer
4. You must be at least 18 years of age for Criminal Information Specialist
5. You must be at least 18 years of age for Fingerprint Technician
6. You must be at least 18 years of age for Forensic Scientist
7. You must be at least 18 years of age for Criminal Intelligence Analyst
8. You must be a United States citizen.
9. You must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
10. You must be registered with Selective Service. (Males only)
11. You must possess a high school diploma, high school equivalency diploma, or GED.
12. You must possess a valid, Louisiana driver’s license or be able to obtain a Louisiana driver’slicense.
13. You must possess a valid and passing Civil Service Testscore.
14. You must be willing to submit to a Physical Assessment, extensive Background Investigation, Truth Verification, Credit Check,
Medical Exam/Drug Screen, and undergo a Liability Risk Assessment.
15. You have never been convicted of a State or Federal Felony.
16. You have never been convicted of Domestic Violence.
17. You have not been convicted of a DWI in the last three years.
18. You have not used marijuana or cannabis in any form (natural or synthetic) in the past one (1) year, nor have you sold, cultivated, produced, or transported marijuana or cannabis in any form (natural or synthetic) in the past two (2) years.
19. You have not used, sold, cultivated, produced, or transported any other illegal narcotics in the past two (2) years.
20. You have never been dishonorably discharged from the military.
21. You have never been terminated or resigned from any law enforcement agency for any criminal conduct unless the charges or allegations were exonerated and/or cleared.
22. You have not been rejected for employment by this agency on 3 prior occasions?