Under the supervision of the Police Sergeant, performs law enforcement and general police services for the Town of Westover Hills.
- Investigating crimes, accidents and incidents, arresting suspects and violators, settling disputes, directing traffic, assist the public, detaining individuals, issuing citations and other patrol activities.
- Cooperate with other law enforcement agencies and medical entities.
- Conduct preliminary and follow-up investigations.
- Conduct home security checks.
- Observes and notifies residents of potential home security problems.
- Perform special assignments.
- Prepares a variety of reports and forms.
- Provide medical care per medical credentials.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Two (2) years’ police experience is preferred. A basic police certification from TCOLE is mandatory.
- All applicants must pass a physical examination.
- All applicants must pass a physical fitness qualification course.
- All applicants must pass a drug screening.
- All applicants with must pass a psychological examination.
- All applicants will be subject to an extensive background investigation.
- Applicants with a Class B misdemeanor or higher conviction are not eligible.
- Applicants who fail to complete the application in its entirety will be disqualified.
- Applicants with a conviction for any theft or family violence are not eligible.
- Applicants with a dishonorable discharge from TCOLE are not eligible.
- Must possess a Peace Officer License with a Basic Certification from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
- Intermediate certificate preferred.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license at the time of appointment.
- Applicants will be required to obtain a National Emergency Medical Responder license and State of Texas Emergency Care Attendant license within one year of employment.
- Applicants will be required to attend and pass basic SWAT training within one year or have equivalent work experience.