Salary/Pay Rate: $48,560-$67,429
The Town of Collierville is hiring for a Police Officer to join our team! If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference in your community, look no further!
What’s The Role?
Working as a Police Officer, this position involves the performance of responsible, general duty police work in protecting the life, persons, and property of the citizens of the Town of Collierville through even-handed enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification.
- Works under the supervision of a senior officer to enforce all applicable codes, ordinances, laws and regulations, including traffic, criminal, and civil, in order to protect life and property, prevent crime, and to promote public safety and security.
- Patrols in assigned area of the Town during a specified period in a motor vehicle or on foot; operates stationary radar and other specialized law enforcement equipment for traffic control; checks vacant residences or unattended commercial and industrial buildings to detect any suspicious activity.
- Conducts criminal investigations and/or responds to dispatched calls involving narcotic, vice, homicide, rape, assault, abduction, missing persons, juvenile, child abuse/neglect, abuse of elderly, auto/property theft, burglary, robbery, gang activity, vandalism, arson, financial, embezzlement, fraud, forgery, internal affairs, or other crimes.
- Performs vice control or suppression work investigating persons and places suspected of being engaged in gambling, prostitution or other illegal activities.
- Collects, prepares, and preserves evidence and organizes testimony for presentation in court; makes court appearances to testify on behalf of the Town; performs preliminary and follow-up investigative work; gathers evidence, takes photographs at investigative scenes and may find, discover, and preserve latent fingerprints; protects and preserves crime scenes; interrogates and interviews witnesses, victims, suspects, and other persons.
- Performs rescue functions at accidents, emergencies, and disasters, which may include lifting, dragging or carrying people away from dangerous situations, securing/evacuating people from particular areas, assessing physical injuries, administering CPR or first aid, or extinguishing small fires.
Here is what you need to be considered for the position of Police Officer:
- Requires a High School diploma or GED; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Incumbents must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Applicants who are a Veteran must possess an Honorable Discharge and provide a DD214.
- Must possess upon hire or complete within six (6) months of hire the State of Tennessee Police Officer P.O.S.T certification and maintain appropriate certification throughout employment. Must be in compliance with TCA 38-8-106.
- Applicants must have the ability to pass a work-related physical proficiency/agility test, a medical/physical examination, a psychological examination and background investigation.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- The work of this job requires sufficient physical strength, stamina, and ability to pass a work-related physical proficiency test and pre-employment examination. The work is physically demanding, may require lifting heavy objects, and may require working in inclement weather.
- All new hires must successfully complete a 365-day training and assessment period.