Salary range: $31.82/hr. – $36.18/hr.
This position will work both independently and cooperatively to provide pro-active police protection and crime prevention consistent with community policing standards. This position will ensure the safety of the Wentworth community in an orderly, efficient, and professional manner. It is expected that the officer will conduct investigations of issues and crimes which lead to identification, apprehension, and prosecution of offenders.
- High school diploma or GED.
- No experience required.
- Specialized knowledge not required.
- License to carry a firearm in Massachusetts.
- Must successfully pass a comprehensive background assessment that includes criminal history, driving record, medical examination, psychological evaluation, drug screening, and an inclusive appraisal of work history.
- This position requires driving a university vehicle or a personal vehicle on behalf of the university; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a motor vehicle history check and possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license in their state of residence. Offers of employment are contingent upon meeting all minimum qualifications including the motor vehicle check requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Graduate of a Full-Time MA State Police Academy or Full-Time MPTC Academy or equivalent.
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices and ability to use in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations.