The Police Officer performs a wide variety of public safety and community care taking duties including; preserving the peace, protecting life and property, enforcing laws and ordinances, deterring and preventing crime, investigating criminal activity and providing public safety education. Duties will include focusing on identified crime problems, community needs to reduce crime, improve quality of life in that area, and to foster relationships with residents through Community Policing.
Pay rate: $26.26+/hourly depending on experience
Minimum Job Skills, Knowledge, Skills, and Aptitudes, and Qualifications
• Per state employment law, candidates must be at least 18 Years of age.
• High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to pass entrance testing for the Vermont Police Academy
• Ability to maintain and regularly pass physical testing requirements
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Valid Driver’s license
• Ability to interact with the public in a variety of situations
• Candidates with the following qualifications will be given preference in the hiring process:
• An Associate’s degree or higher level of education
• Two years or more of Military service with an honorable discharge
• Two years or more of previous law enforcement experience