The Police Officer assists in protecting life and property by enforcing all State, Federal laws, and University regulations on the properties of Concordia University Texas. This position involves shift work, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Provide regular building checks and patrols on campus. Patrol and monitor all campus buildings and facilities, locking/unlocking as needed. Patrol may include foot, vehicle and Polaris patrol.
- Protection of life and property on owned or otherwise controlled by Concordia University, providing for the overall safety of persons and property.
- Providing other safety and security services to Concordia faculty, staff, students, and visitors as needed.
- Respond to all emergency and non-emergency calls for service on Concordia campus.
- Patrol and monitor of all campus buildings and facilities, locking/unlocking as needed.
- Work closely with Student Life and Residence Life personnel regarding security and personal safety needs for all members of the Concordia community residing in on-campus housing.
- Maintain relationship with APD officers assigned to the Concordia campus, communicating information as needed between APD and CTX PD.
- Ability to respond promptly and effectively when incidents occur.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some college course work preferred, especially in the area of criminal justice
- 2 years of experience as a police officer, with college or university experience preferred
- A general working knowledge of police procedures and regulations
- Current Texas Peace Officer license
- Have no convictions for DUI/DWI, misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude, or felony convictions
- Have the ability to work well without direct supervision
- Have the ability to interact well with all students, faculty, staff and visitors of CTX, maintaining a positive, service oriented attitude in all types of circumstances and contacts
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality due to working with and access to sensitive information pertaining to criminal and university investigations
- Must be available for any major events on campus