*Now accepting applications for new recruits or lateral entry officers. Lateral entry does not require attendance to the police academy.
$42,000 per year entry level – no experience
$44,000 per year – mandated officer with 1 year experience
Lateral Transfers – Pay will be based on qualification plus added years of service incentives for patrol listed below
*Years of Service Patrol Incentives in addition to annual salary:
1yr – $840 Annually
2-5yr- $3,840 Annually
6+yr – $5,840 Annually
* Top Pay $67,000 per year + Incentives *Education, Language, and other specialty incentives
*Near site Wellness Clinic for employee and dependents covered on city group health
*Retirement – Defined Benefit “Pension”, 457b/401a, and Police, POAB
*This is a mandated position that involves the enforcement of federal, state and local laws and the protection of life and property.
- Must be at least 21 years of age prior to graduating from Mandate School
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Georgia Police Officer Standards and Training Council.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Not have used marijuana or misused prescription drugs in the last two years or used any illegal drug other than marijuana in the last seven years.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony, or sufficient misdemeanors as to constitute a disregard for the law or have a domestic violence violation charge.
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from any branch of military service.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License, and not have been convicted of a DUI in the last three (3) years and no more than 15 points against driver’s license.
- Non-certified – Successfully pass the New Hire Physical Agility Test.
- Successfully pass a drug/alcohol screen and employment physical and have an acceptable psychological evaluation.
- Must successfully pass an extensive background check, polygraph, and criminal investigation.
The City of Rome is an Equal Opportunity Employer, in accordance with applicable Federal and State legislation, does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status or citizen status.