The nationally-accredited Vandalia Police Division is accepting applications from energetic and skilled professionals who would like to serve as Police Officer.
Rate of Pay: $50,001 – $75,000
Under direction the patrol officer is responsible for preserving the peace, the protection of life and property, law enforcement, implementation of crime prevention measures, and the apprehension of criminals; provides emergency medical care; serves as criminal investigator.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications by January 29, 2020:
- Be at least 21 years old and have a valid Ohio Driver License.
- Must be a United States Citizen or have a valid Permanent Resident Card. “The City will not sponsor applicants for work visas, including H-1B visas”.
- Possess or earn, before appointment, certification as an Ohio Peace Officer.
- Possess or earn, upon or after appointment, certification as an Ohio Emergency Medical Responder.
- Obtain satisfactory scores on all phases of the qualification process.
- Successfully pass other screening tests as required prior to appointment, including a background check, physical, psychological and truth verification tests.
- Reside within Montgomery County or in an adjacent county to include Butler, Warren, Greene, Clark, Miami, Darke or Preble.
The following qualifications are desirable: Applicants with one or more of them will receive preference:
- Current Ohio Police Officer Certification (You must submit certification or evidence of academy completion)
- An Associate's Degree or greater or 60 semester hours’ or 90 quarter hours’ credit from an accredited university or college.
- At least one year of full-time service with police agency.