Open Until Filled
- Performs patrol of assigned area(s) on foot, patrol vehicle, or other methods.
- Issues temporary parking permits and provides general information to visitors.
- Enforces state and federal laws with police powers of arrest.
- Enforces University rules and regulations.
- Conducts traffic related enforcement for both moving and parking violations.
- Responds to various types of emergencies and performs activities necessary to protect life and property to include summoning appropriate emergency response agencies and personnel.
- Responds to and investigates criminal and non-criminal incidents and completes appropriate reports.
- Performs law enforcement services on University owned and leased property in accordance with applicable law.
- Provides security related services at special functions and other times as required by department supervisor(s).
- Directs traffic as needed.
- Apprehends violators of traffic/criminal law as prescribed by law.
- Testifies in legal/administrative hearings as needed.
- Performs patrols to prevent or reduce the likelihood of criminal offenses being committed.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Ability to work schedule as defined and overtime as required.
- Related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent,
- Must meet the minimum standards set by the state of Alabama for a Police Officer.
- Satisfactory completion of drug/alcohol and psychological screenings required prior to employment.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and maintenance of a driving record sufficient to maintain insurance coverage under the University of South Alabama.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.