Depends on Qualifications.
Signing Bonus and Incentives:
- $ 2,500 signing bonus will be provided upon completion of probationary period.
- Applicants with no law enforcement experience will be eligible to reach top base pay of $42.18/hourly after three continuous years of employment with the department, $45.13 for those who have a bachelor’s degree (2022 wages). Our department offers educational incentive, longevity, and shift differential pay. Annually, officers are afforded (96) hours of holiday pay. In addition, officers are represented by LELS
The Robbinsdale Police Department is accepting applications for Police Officer(s). The Robbinsdale Police Department is committed to engaging with the community, being responsive, and providing professional police services. We are seeking individuals who have a strong desire to be a police officer in a city which thrives on excellent public safety services!
1. Involves performing a variety of informational and public relations duties relative to
maintaining general order and a peaceful community.
2. Involves responding to routine and emergency calls for service regarding felonies,
misdemeanors, other crimes and complaints, medical emergencies, and auto accidents.
3. Involves making arrests, issuing citations, transporting prisoners to jail, interrogating
suspects, interviewing witnesses, and testifying in court.
4. Involves patrolling the City in a police vehicle, on a bicycle or on foot to preserve law
and order, prevent crime, discover the commission of a crime, apprehend criminals,
enforce traffic laws, direct traffic, and enforce parking regulations.
5. Involves frequent, friendly and professional interaction with the public.
6. Involves the detailed and thorough investigations of criminal offenses including
burglaries, thefts, robberies, assaults and other crimes; making arrests when
appropriate; searching for evidence at crime scenes and/or protecting crime scenes and
evidence; taking photographs; conducting interviews and interrogations; assisting
victims and their families; and preparing reports which are required by the
7. Involves the performance of other assignments such as School Resource Officer,
Police Community Action Coordinator, Investigator, etc.
8. Performs all other related duties and responsibilities as may be required.
1. Two-year degree in Law Enforcement, Associates Degree in Criminal Justice or related field.
2. Must be POST licensed as a full-time Police Officer in the State of Minnesota by
3. Valid and unrestricted MN Class D driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
4. Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation, psychological evaluation
and physical examination, to include drug testing.