$38.03 – $44.71 Hourly
The primary objectives of this position are to promote public safety, to protect life and property, and to enforce laws and ordinances in a manner that commands public respect and confidence at all times.
- Enforces the law; patrols in squad cars or by other means suitable to the task; makes arrests for or issues tickets, citations, and warnings to persons violating federal, state or local laws and ordinances; responds to calls of criminal activity and assists citizens whenever possible; apprehends, arrests, and books criminals violating federal, state or local laws and ordinances; maintains the public peace.
- Completes daily logs and police reports covering investigations and other assignments in a concise and complete manner so that a proper record is assured; collects and preserves evidence.
- Deals with situations involving extensive interpersonal conflict (e.g. domestic disturbances, irate citizens, hostile groups); handles telephone or in-person complaints and inquiries in respectful manner.
- Performs resident and business security surveys.
- Serves warrants or subpoenas as assigned; testifies at trials, hearings, or grand juries.
- May be periodically assigned special duties, including investigation, school resource officer, and field training officer; directs traffic to relieve congestion when assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two-year degree in law enforcement.
- Possess a valid Class D driver’s license.
- POST licensed or eligible to be licensed as a police officer in the State of Minnesota.
- Two years of experience with a law enforcement agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, police science, or related field