This is responsible police work providing protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Performs all work under the supervision of the Police Sergeant.
Hiring Rate: $44.177 annually
Enforces laws and ordinances; patrols assigned areas; controls traffic; prevents crime; serves warrants and arrests violators. Operates police radio to maintain communications with dispatch. Responds to complaints and incidents (e.g., traffic accidents, criminal activities or violations); secures incident scene to restore peace, assists
with injured persons, and protects evidence and property; takes detailed statements from witnesses and suspects; and testifies in court proceedings. Performs other non-essential duties as required.
• High school graduate from an accredited high school or have a GED.
• At least nineteen (19) years old
• Florida Police Academy Graduate
• Pass Florida’s State LE Exam
• Honorable discharge, if a veteran
• Must be a citizen of the United States at the time of application
• Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License
• Must be of good moral character
• Must have no felony convictions
• Must have committed no incidents of violence
• Pass a background investigation
• Pass a Polygraph Examination
• Pass an Oral Review Board
• Pass a drug test
• Pass a Psychological Test
• Pass a Physical Abilities Test
• Pass a Medical Examination