The Milwaukee Fire and Police Commission invites qualified individuals to apply for this challenging and rewarding position with the City of Milwaukee Police Department. This unique position provides the opportunity to help Milwaukee’s citizens every day, while also focusing on the individual’s educational, physical fitness, personal and professional development. The City of Milwaukee is dedicated to developing a diverse Police Department to serve the community’s needs.
- Minimum age 20 at time of application. (Note: Must be age 21 at time of appointment.)
- United States Citizenship.
- High School Diploma or Wisconsin GED or a GED from a different state that meets Wisconsin GED standards. A Home Education Diploma will be accepted provided the applicant can provide copies of form PI-1206 filed with the Department of Public Instruction for applicants who have completed a home school program in Wisconsin, or documentation that the education program has met the requirements of the Department of Education from the state where the home school program was completed.
- Valid Wisconsin driver license, or a valid driver’s license from the state in which you reside, at the time of background investigation.
- Physically able to perform Police Officer training and job duties.
- Must successfully pass a Milwaukee Police Department Background Investigation.