The City of Saint Charles Police Department is seeking to establish an eligibility list for full time Police Officers to perform police patrol, investigation, traffic regulation, and related law enforcement duties. Police Officers work under the general supervision of a Police Sergeant. Prior to accepting employment, applicants should ensure tattoos/brands that would be visible on the head, neck, hands, arms or legs, while wearing uniform apparel inclusive of short sleeve shirts and/or shorts, as well as civilian attire, are concealed while on duty.
Starting Pay: $26.2866 (hourly) Lateral Pay based on experience
• Conducts Law Enforcement patrols within the City to preserve the peace, enforce the law, control vehicle and pedestrian traffic, prevent, deter, and investigate reports of violations of law, while promoting the safety and security of the public.
• Acts as a First Responder to emergency and other calls for service and takes appropriate action to mitigate injury, damage, and safeguard property.
• Conducts follow-up investigations of crimes to include questioning victims, witnesses, suspects, and gathering of physical evidence.
• Prepares all reports and records as required by departmental policy in a professional manner and appears in Court as required.
• Assists citizens with stalled vehicles, directions, crime prevention, drug awareness and traffic safety.
• Coordinates enforcement activities within the department and with other agencies as required.
• Consults with and exchanges information with officers, the City Attorney, County Prosecutor's Office and others as required to ensure timely and effective prosecution of cases.
• Consults with police supervisory staff to coordinate investigation and enforcement activity.
• Carries out all duties in conformance with Federal, State, County, and City laws and ordinances, and in compliance with departmental rules, regulations and code of conduct.
• Maintains normal availability by radio for emergency and routine calls for service.
• Must have the ability to work all shift hours including rotating shifts as required in all types of weather for prolonged periods of time.
• High school Diploma or GED required.
• Associates Degree, 60 college credit hours from an accredited university or college, or three (3) years' experience as a full time commissioned Police Officer, or an honorable discharge from the United States military.
• Must have the ability to practice law enforcement duties in a first class county and city as prescribed by the Missouri Department of Public Safety required.
• Minimum 21 years of age at the time of employment.
• Ability to obtain by date of hire a valid drivers' license without record of suspension or revocation in any state.
• US Citizenship as required by section 590.030 of RSMo.