Department: Police Field Operations
The Raleigh Police Department is searching for qualified individuals who want to join our corps of law enforcement professionals. Our organization is proud of our professionalism, our values and providing the best services to the citizens of Raleigh.
You may be contacted by telephone or email and asked to submit all required documentation if you are selected to proceed further in the process. Once contacted, it is strongly suggested that applicants submit all necessary documentation as soon as possible to prevent any delay in processing your application. Lack of documentation might prevent you from proceeding further in the application process.
Although the Raleigh Police Department continuously accepts applications, to be considered for the Winter 2017 academy, your GovernmentJobs/NEOGOV electronic application MUST be submitted by 5:00 pm (EST) June 1, 2017. Applications received after the deadline will be evaluated for the next academy (date TBD).
Lateral-entry officers are eligible to earn a starting salary of up to $52,793.
For more information about the Raleigh Police Department, please visit joinraleighpd.org.
ALL supporting documentation for the WINTER 2017 academy application MUST be submitted by 5:00 pm (EST) on Friday, June 30, 2017.
***As initial communication will be made through email, please ensure your email address is typed correctly on your application. Also, please remember to check your spam folder frequently for messages regarding the hiring process.***
- Protects life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- Patrols assigned areas.
- Responds to calls for police service.
- Conducts preliminary and follow-up criminal and traffic investigations.
- Conducts interviews.
- Prepares written reports and field notes of investigations and patrol activities.
- Apprehends criminals; and testifies in court.
- Work requires extensive contact with outside agencies and the general public.
- HS graduate or equivalent.
- US Citizen.
- Age 21.
- Ability to obtain a valid NC Driver's License.
- Vision corrected to 20/20 and cannot be colorblind.