Open Until Filled
Provide protection and security of the citizens of Tuskegee. Incumbents provide protection through daily patrol, traffic investigation, and communication efforts. This position is responsible for the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws and the protection of life and property. Under supervision of the Shift Supervisor, performs general and preventive patrol duties; answers complaints and calls for service. Enforces traffic laws and provides traffic control services; investigates accidents and any reported violations; provides public and community relations services to improve police relations; remains current on knowledge and skills pertaining to law enforcement; files and completes required reports.
- Applicant must possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Alabama driver’s license.
- Must be at least 21-years of age.
- Must be certifiable by the Alabama Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission.
- Must be able to pass a physical agility test, which consists of:
➢ 1.5 mile run to be completed within 15 minutes 28 seconds, 25 sit ups to be completed within one
minute, 22 pushups to be completed within one minute and an untimed 300 meter nonstop swim.
- If considered for hire applicant must also pass a background check, and a physical and drug/alcohol screening.
- Must be APOSTC certified and be current on the required CEU’s for employment and promotional opportunities.
- Must be willing to work during non-duty hours, holidays and weekends when necessary to achieve goals. Must be willing to travel overnight to attend and participate in meetings and activities.