Closing date: 10/31/2023
Salary: $62,411 – $114,497 per year
Pay scale & grade: D 5 – 7
Discover a challenging and rewarding career with the Pentagon Force Protection Agency, Law Enforcement Directorate the sole agency responsible for securing and protecting the nation’s most known military landmark, the Pentagon. PFPA police officers are responsible for the force protection, security, and law enforcement in the NCR for the people, facilities, infrastructure, and other resources at the Pentagon Reservation for DoD activities and DoD occupied facilities.
Your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Enforce local, state, and Federal laws and regulations, and enforce DoD policies and regulations relating to law enforcement.
- Physically protect the Pentagon (buildings and grounds), employees, visitors, and staff from threats of crime and disruption; preserves law and order; and serves as a deterrent to crime and other violations of law, rules, and regulations.
- Perform protective services, security, and access control to the Pentagon and other building in the National Capital region occupied by PFPA employees, government equipment and property.
- Make arrests, prepare reports and testify in court
- Interact with legal counsel and coordinate with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/Home/Registration)
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- This position is subject to provisions of the WHS/OSD PPP Pilot Program
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment
- Required to participate in the direct deposit program
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing
- Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Incumbent must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license from the jurisdiction where he or she resides