Salary: $52,525.20 Annually.
- Arrests any suspects found in the commission of crimes; completes arrest reports and transports suspects to detention facilities; attempts to arbitrate disputes.
- Writes reports on various calls answered indicating the natures of calls and any findings at the scenes; attends public gatherings to maintain order.
- Prepares evidence for issuance of warrants; serves warrants if applicable, advises all suspects of their rights; assures the chain of custody of evidence is kept; testifies in court as necessary.
- Writes reports on results of investigations, completes incident and accident reports, or other official documents as necessary; files all reports to appropriate supervisor.
- Administers CPR and first aid when appropriate; answers any questions from the public.
- May be assigned to work in plain clothes conducting investigations.
- Assists and gives directions to motorists; removes debris from the roadways; provides direction during sports events as necessary; occasionally directs traffic at school crossings.
- Inspects assigned department vehicles used for road safety by checking tire pressure and depth, oil, fuel, and reporting any unusual occurrences to the maintenance personnel and their supervisor.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Basic Law Enforcement Certification required.
- Valid Georgia Class C Driver’s License and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).