We are a small police department located in a tight-knit rural community in Rowan County North Carolina, seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Police Officer. As a member of our department, you will play an important role in protecting and serving the community.
- Patrol designated areas and respond to calls for service
- Investigate crimes and accidents
- Enforce traffic laws and issue citations as necessary
- Interview witnesses and gather evidence
- Testify in court as needed
- Participate in community outreach programs and events
- High school diploma or equivalent
- North Carolina Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) certification
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Physical ability to perform essential job functions
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related field
- Prior law enforcement or military experience
As a member of our police department, you will have the opportunity to work closely with members of the community and develop strong relationships with local residents. You will also have the chance to make a real difference in people’s lives, providing assistance and support when needed.
Working in a small town can be a unique and rewarding experience. In addition to traditional law enforcement duties, you may be called upon to assist with community events and programs, such as school safety initiatives, drug prevention programs, and disaster response efforts. You may also have the opportunity to work closely with other local agencies, to ensure the safety and well-being of the community.
We offer competitive salary and benefits packages, as well as opportunities for professional growth within the department. If you are passionate about serving your community and upholding the law, we encourage you to apply.