Salary: $4,747.00 – $6,362.00 Monthly.
The City of Sweet Home is actively recruiting for the position of police officer to perform a variety of law enforcement duties, such as responding to and investigating incident scenes; patrolling the city; enforcing laws and ordinances; making arrests; preserving crime scene evidence; summarizing events in report format; and performing preventative community policing.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; preference will be given to DPSST certified Police Officers. Hiring preference is extended to returning veterans. Preference may be given for an Associate’s degree in criminal justice, social science, or related field.
- Must be 21 years or older at the time of employment.
- Felony convictions and disqualifying criminal histories are not allowed.
- Be a United States Citizen by birth or Naturalized United States Citizen-OR- able to attain citizenship within 18 months of hire ***OAR 259-008-0019 – 1 citizenship (a) & (b).
- Must be able to proficiently and effectively read, speak, and write the English language; preference may be given for bilingual skills.
- Must be of good moral character and of temperate and industrious habits.
- Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must meet department’s physical qualifications.
- Must pass comprehension and psychological examinations and medical exams prior to employment.
- Must be medic first aid and CPR certified within 2 months of employment.
- Must meet state requirements including training, vision, hearing, and background standards for certification as a law enforcement officer with the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training.
- Possess and maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license.