Salary range: $27.62 – $38.53 Hourly.
Perform police duties at Spokane International Airport: preserve public peace, protect life and property, enforce local, state and federal laws and regulations, initiate and complete investigations, mediate disputes, render aid and assistance as required.
- Respond to in-progress alarms and general calls for service from passenger screening areas.
- Resolve interpersonal conflicts between screening area personnel and citizens in a productive, conciliatory manner.
- Maintain high visibility patrol in and around the airport terminal and facilities.
- Provide information and assistance to motorists and pedestrians.
- Issue warnings and citations for moving and nonmoving violations.
- Enforce parking and traffic regulations at the terminal and on surrounding roadways.
- Investigate complaints and take appropriate action, which may include the use of deadly or nondeadly force.
- Place persons under physical arrest for violations of the law and complete necessary paper work, up to and including court testimony.
- Assist in dignitary protection in coordination with local, state and federal agencies.
- Identify and, if possible, eliminate public hazards.
- Patrol airport property in vehicles or on foot.
- Patrol the airport’s Security Identification Display Area insuring only authorized personnel are present as required by federal regulations.
- Patrol airport perimeter fence line to ensure integrity of fences and gates.
- Complete any other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete officer candidate, field training programs. Must complete accredited police academy required training.
- Preference shown for Basic Police Certification issued by the Washington State Law Enforcement Commission or an equivalent certification from another accredited law enforcement agency or have completed accredited police academy required training. Successful completion of the full 720 hours of basic police training will be required to maintain employment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with excellent driving record.
- Must be citizen of the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have no felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history.
- Related experience in Airport environment. Knowledge of state and local law enforcement system.