$27.59 – $49.55 Hourly
6/30/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
The Henderson Police Department announces the opening of applications for the position of Police Officer. Processing and testing of applicants will occur throughout the year on an ongoing basis.
The department is seeking dedicated people of character, courage, conscience, and compassion who are interested in a challenging and rewarding career of service to the citizens and community of Henderson.
The pool of candidates from this recruitment may be used to fill vacancies for the classification of Police Officer for up to one (1) year.
Under general supervision, performs law enforcement duties related to detecting, preventing, and investigating crime and maintaining law and order; and performs related duties as required.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver license. Upon hire, possess a Nevada or “border state” driver license under conditions defined by Nevada Revised Statute 483.035.
- Must be a U.S. citizen by the time of application.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application.
- Must have no convictions for offenses greater than a misdemeanor. Must have no convictions for offenses of domestic violence.
- Visual acuity must be correctable to 20/40 in one eye and 20/30 in both eyes.
- Hearing must be 30 decibels or less for each ear.
- Must successfully complete the Henderson Police Department Academy within the time frame prescribed by the department.
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check.
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years. Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment.