Officer: $54,386 Annually
Cadet: $48,500 While attending the police academy
If you have applied for this position within the past six months, please do not reapply
- Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide police protection to the community.
- Employees in this classification perform skilled protective and investigative work.
- Position is responsible for protection of life and property, prevention of crime, apprehension of criminal suspects, and enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- Performs related work as directed.
- Must be U.S Citizens.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D (G.E.D under Florida Education Standards).
- Must not have been convicted or placed on deferred adjustment for any felony or misdemeanor involving perjury, false statement , drugs, or domestic violence.
- Must be of good moral character as determined by the Department and by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.