St. Charles Community College seeks 2 Full-time Police Officers. This position is accountable to Public Safety/Campus Police Supervisors/ and is responsible for the law enforcement, safety and security of all persons and property at the College as well as the protection of campus assets, staff, faculty, students, and visitors. This position performs the duties of a Campus Police Officer and normal supervisory functions in the absence of Public Safety/Campus Police Supervisors.
- Provide law enforcement and security services to the College community.
- Enforce all state and local laws and Board policies of the College.
- Monitor buildings, parking lots, and all campus grounds.
- Monitor fire and burglar alarms and video equipment.
- Lock and unlock buildings.
- Respond to all emergencies; provide emergency first aid and operate an AED as needed.
- Assist in the adherence of College Safety and Emergency Response Preparedness Plans and in the training of employees regarding the Safety and Emergency Preparedness Plans.
- Provide safe escorts for students, faculty, and staff to their vehicles and assistance as requested.
- Handle lost and found items.
- Provide jump starts and assist with vehicle lockouts.
- Direct traffic and maintain crowd control.
- Maintain logs and information to prepare reports as required and work closely with the local police.
- Writes and completes incidents reports utilizing the DPS record system of all law enforcement encounters (emergency and non emergency incidents) of known safety and security violations or infractions.
- Answer and dispatch emergency calls for service and keeps record of calls received and officers dispatched.
- Issue SCC Student, Faculty and Staff ID cards, parking permits, and maintain records for driving and parking violations.
- Maintain DPS equipment and vehicles as directed.
- Monitor and supervise officers in the absence of the public safety/campus police supervisors.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- POST certified with a Class A police officer licensed by the Missouri Department of Public Safety.
- One year or more of relevant full-time experience as a law enforcement officer.
- College Public Safety or Police experience with multi-building site is preferred.