$49,720.00 – $79,998.20 Annually
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to perform safety and security Police work involving crime detection, prevention and investigation. Employee functions at journey staff level to perform law enforcement duties and is responsible for protecting the lives and property of all citizens. Specific assignments are received from a Police Sergeant or superior Officer, however, employee must react with considerable independent judgment and initiative in dealing with routine and emergency situations.
Examples of Duties
- Patrols assigned area on foot or by vehicle; responds to and assists emergency calls; answers citizen complaints and/or general inquiries.
- Protects the lives and property of all citizens; administers first aid to injured or afflicted persons; provides assistance to stranded motorists.
- Searches for and apprehends offenders; escorts suspects, criminals, and prisoners to county jail and court hearings.
- Searches for and investigates wanted and missing persons, and stolen property; investigates suspected illegal activity; prepares depositions; testifies and presents evidence in court.
- Investigates crime scene and accidents; administers breathalyzer tests; searches for and preserves evidence; prepares depositions; testifies and presents evidence in court.
- Enforces vehicle parking and operating laws; issues and explains citations for violations.
- Directs traffic and assists pedestrians at intersections; escorts funerals and parades.
- Promotes crime prevention through public awareness efforts; solicits cooperation of citizens to report crime and illegal activity.
- Prepares for court procedures and provides testimony during depositions and hearings.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED
Requires a valid Florida Driver’s License by date of hire.
Requires a Florida Department of Law Enforcement Certification. Will consider applicants who are currently enrolled in Florida Law Enforcement Certification training and who will receive the Florida Law Enforcement Certification no later than 90 days after the closing of the applicable job posting #22-00016.