$58,115.20 – $90,168.00 Annually
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
***1st year officers have the opportunity to make over $63,883 with the additional holiday pay and night differential added on. City of Cape Coral Police Department also has the most lucrative retirement program in SW Florida.
The Cape Coral Police Department is a full-service law enforcement agency serving the citizens of Cape Coral, Florida. Cape Coral, the second largest city in Florida (by land area) and the most populous city between Tampa and Miami, is a beautiful waterfront boating community with over 200,000 full-time residents.
The Cape Coral Police Department is one of the fastest-growing agencies in Florida. The Cape Coral Police Department is accredited at the state level by the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation (CFA) and internationally by the Commission for Accreditation of Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA). An industry leader in police training, technology, and community engagement, the Cape Coral Police Department is a fantastic place to build a career.
Why Should You Apply?
- Specialized law enforcement opportunities including Patrol, Investigations, Traffic, K-9, Aviation, School Resource Officers, Marine Unit, SWAT, Crisis Negotiation Team, and Dive Team.
- A comprehensive set of benefits includes health, dental, vision insurance, and a competitive pension plan.
- Up to $3,500 in tuition reimbursement is available each fiscal year.
- Paid Holidays.
- Take-home vehicle program.
- CCPD provides all necessary equipment and uniforms.
- And Much More!
***New hires may be eligible for several state benefits under Florida House Bill 3. These state benefits include, but are not limited to:
- A one-time Florida Law Enforcement Recruitment Bonus of up to $5,000.
- Terms and eligibility can be found under F.S.S. 445.08
Who Should Apply?
Applicants with the following are encouraged to apply:
- An associate degree or sixty (60) college credits from an accredited college or university.
- Currently enrolled in a Florida approved Criminal Justice Academy for Law Enforcement (CJSTC)
- Possess a current Florida Law Enforcement Certification or a current Law Enforcement Certification that is eligible for Equivalency of Training (EOT) with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- Possess a current Florida Correctional Officer or Correctional Probation Officer Certification with three (3) years of continuous, uninterrupted full-time service