Provides a safe campus environment for a diverse population of students through conventional and non-conventional law enforcement methods.
- 50% Patrols college facilities and property by motor vehicle or on foot. Responds to calls for assistance. Issues citations as needed for violations of law or campus rules.
- 20% Investigates suspicious persons, suspected crimes, or nuisances. Gathers evidence, obtains witnesses, and makes arrests as needed.
- 10% Performs duties that support the safety and security of the campus environment. Monitors sporting events, locks and unlocks doors, and escorts students and staff as needed.
- 5% Trains others on various aspects of campus security and emergency management such as CRASE and emergency preparedness.
- 5% Completes written and/or electronic reports as required by departmental procedures.
- 5% Participates in campus committees as requested.
- 5% Completes other duties as assigned.
- (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
- TCOLE certification required.
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
- Must maintain a valid drivers’ license.
- Must have valid CPR certification or willingness to obtain within the first six months of employment.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job.
- Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.