Lateral or Academy Certified Officers may be eligible for a moving allowance up to $6,784!
Police Officer Recruit (entry level/probationary year)
- Salary Range: $26.00 hour – $26.78 hour
Police Officer (completed probation)
- Salary Range: $29.71 hour/Step 3 – $42.40 hour/Step 20
Police Officer Lateral
- Salary Range: $31.51 hour/Step 5 – $42.40 hour/Step 20
Police officers are responsible for carrying out assigned duties and tasks under the direction of the Police Sergeant, Police Lieutenant, or Chief of Police. The primary objectives are to enforce all federal, state, and local laws as applicable, respond to complaints and requests for police service from the residential and business community, and to promote the safety and well-being of the citizens of North Pole.
• Must be of good moral character;
• Must be able to give trustworthy and credible testimony in court;
• Must be able to meet the Alaska Police Standards Council certification requirements for a Police Officer;
• Must be at least twenty-one years of age or older at the time of employment;
• Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent;
• Must be able to exhibit or demonstrate the ability, knowledge and judgment of one who can perform the essential functions of a police officer;
• Must possess and maintain a valid Alaska Driver’s License during employment with the North Pole Police Department;
• Prior to employment must pass an extensive background investigation, must pass a written and oral exam, psychological testing, a medical exam, a physical fitness exam, drug testing, and a polygraph test and;