Hiring Salary Range $47,029 to $51,731Annually
Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing specialized police work in protecting life and property, preventing
violations, enforcing laws and regulations on College property apprehending violators, and reporting infractions of rules and regulations of the College.
- Responds to calls for service.
- Patrols (on foot or by motorized vehicle) assigned areas of the campus to preserve general order.
- Enforces traffic laws and regulations and issues citations and warnings.
- Makes investigations and arrests as necessary.
- Presents oral testimony in court.
- Maintains security checks of the interior and exterior of buildings and equipment; checks doors and windows.
- Maintains individual protection for all faculty, staff, students, and visitors on campus.
- Accompanies persons transporting large sums of money or other valuables to provide protection.
- Provides assistance and advice to students, faculty, staff and visitors on campus security regulations.
- Investigates suspicious actions, persons, and other indications of unusual activity.
- Prepares records and written reports as required.
- Reports the existence of dangerous or defective conditions to the appropriate College departments.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age at time of appointment.
- Must satisfactorily pass a psychological evaluation.
- Must satisfactorily pass a medical exam and drug screen.
- Must qualify for Maryland State Special Police Commission and Handgun permit.
- Must be able to work required overtime for college sponsored events, college registration, both on campus and at extension centers.
- Must also be able to work beyond assigned shift hours and/or on weekends and/or other shift hours.
- Hours for this position will be determined.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.