Rock Hill, South Carolina is an award winning city and home of Winthrop University, located twenty-five miles south of Charlotte, NC. The City’s population is just under 70,000. Rock Hill has been recognized nationally for its innovative programs leading to improved candidates for careers in both law enforcement and in non-sworn positions.
All sworn personnel begin their careers in the Patrol Division. This is where the knowledge, skills and abilities required of a police officer are honed to perfection. After successful assignment in Patrol, the officer may be exposed to additional assignments.
Additional Assignments Can Include
- Criminal Investigations
- Community and Youth Services
- Forensic Services
- Violent Crimes
- Street Crimes
The starting salary for the position of Police Officer I is $45,000
- Must be a Citizen of the United States
- Must be 21 years of age (documentation / birth certificate)
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent (documentation required)
- Hold a valid current driver’s license (If you are hired you will need to become a South Carolina resident).
- Credit Check with favorable results