Open until filled
Patrols district property to protect all students, personnel and visitors from physical harm and to prevent property loss to the district due to theft or vandalism. Enforces all laws including municipal ordinances, county ordinances and state laws. Works independently.
- Patrol assigned campus(es) and routes walking or driving within district jurisdiction.
- Respond to all calls from campuses concerning crisis situations, accidents and reports of crime.
- Investigate all criminal offenses that occur within the jurisdiction of the district.
- Collect and preserve evidence for criminal investigations including witness statements and physical evidence.
- Arrest perpetrators, file appropriate charges and ensure placement in jail or juvenile detention centers for law violations, as necessary.
- Write effective legal incident reports.
- Testify in court, as needed.
- Work cooperatively with other police agencies to share information and provide other assistance.
- Assist in providing traffic control at athletic events, school closings or openings or at any other time.
- Provide protection or escort district personnel, as needed.
- Operate all equipment including firearms according to established safety procedures.
- Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and documents required including affidavits for arrests, incident reports and activity reports.
- Make presentations, lectures or any other method needed to solve a problem or prevent a problem from assigned campus.
- Certified Texas Peace Officer licensed by the Texas Commission of Law Enforcement (TCOLE);
- High School Diploma/ GED; and
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.