The City of Leavenworth, Kansas Police Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of POLICE OFFICER. Candidates must undergo an extensive hiring process which includes a physical agility test, written examination, a stringent background investigation, polygraph testing, psychological evaluation, a structured oral interview with command staff, and a pre-employment medical examination/drug screening. This recruitment will establish a standing eligibility list for future vacancies.
• Must be at least 21 years of age;
• Must be a U.S. citizen;
• Must obtain and maintain a valid drivers' license and have a good driving record at the time of employment and during tenure of employment;
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate;
• Must not have been convicted of any felony or misdemeanor crimes of a violent nature or involving moral turpitude, been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, been placed on diversion, nor have an expunged conviction, and;
• Must obtain certification as a Kansas Law Enforcement Officer within one year of employment. This certification may require attendance at a training center for a period of up to 14 weeks with expenses and salary paid by the Police Department.