Sworn law enforcement position to provide law enforcement and crime prevention duties for the University of Richmond. The person in this position has been identified as a Campus Security Authority and Responsible Employee for Clery and Title IX purposes respectively, the employee will maintain current training and comply with the responsibilities of both titles.
- Service – Police officers are responsible for protecting the community and property of the university. Officers regularly patrol campus, respond to calls for service, provide educational programming to community members, and provide non-law enforcement related services as needed, to include enforcing university rules and regulations. Overtime assignments regularly need to be filled by police officers.
- Enforcement – Police officers are responsible for enforcing the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Officers should be able to make arrests, testify in court, and provide mutual aid to assist other law enforcement agencies as requested.
- Investigations – Police officers will conduct criminal investigations as assigned, collect and maintain evidence, write reports clearly and concisely, and complete administrative reports for student violations of University rules and regulations.
- Training – Attend and complete training to maintain required police standards and certifications.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, and tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- No experience required.
- Virginia Certified Law Enforcement Officer Preferred.
- Experience could change depending on current need of the department.
- Maintains all training standards and firearm requirements established by DCJS and URPD.
- Able to present to a wide variety of audiences regarding safety issues, and crime prevention topics.
- Demonstrates computer efficiency in Microsoft office and possesses effective communication skills.
- Required: Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing