- Protection of passengers and tenants at the Charleston International Airport, Johns Island, and Mt Pleasant Regional Airports: enforces SC traffic laws and statutes; patrols the terminal and airport properties on foot and vehicle and posts positions of observation to meet TSA Guidelines; conducts first-aid duties at incidents/accidents; oversee maintenance of police vehicle fleet: checks the patrol shift vehicle reports for any needed repair issues and arranges any necessary repairs from CCAA Maintenance or other service providers.
- Serves as the agency liaison between the airport tenants and the police department: maintains contact with the airports vendors and tenants to ensure any concerns they have with police services and relay them to the proper channel for resolution; coordinates community service events: serves as the agency coordinator with outside businesses and agencies to conduct community events such as National Night Out, Cops on Top of Doughnut Shops, Polar Plunge and Cops on the Coop.
- Enforces SC Statutes on airport property: monitors and patrols roadways within the jurisdiction of the Airport Authority for traffic violations, and issues citations as appropriate; attends Magistrates Court for cited violations; participates in the investigation of criminal law violations; gathers crime scene evidence and compiles information to support investigations; prepares cases for filing of charges and testifying in court, and related uses. Conduct inspections on vehicles and products from vendors entering the SIDA Gates going into the secure area of the Airport.
- Operates or uses various equipment, vehicles, and supplies to complete work assignments: operates communication devices, law enforcement equipment, firearms, radio and motorized equipment; operates a personal computer to enter, retrieve, review, or modify data, utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, Internet, e-mail, or other software; and operates general office or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Requires the level of formal education typically acquired by completion of post high school vocational course work or technical training leading to a certificate.
- Requires very moderate vocational experience.
- Involves knowledge and comprehension of techniques, information, methods, procedures, which are related to specific jobs, and which can be acquired from some combination of vocational training, apprentice training, on the job training, or essential experience in lower-level jobs during a period of up to one year.
- Must possess and maintain a valid South Carolina driver’s license. Must possess a Class 1 Law Enforcement Certification.