Rate of Pay: $46,000 – $78,500
The Town of Southern Pines is a growing service-oriented community with a population of approximately 16,000, seeking qualified candidates for a progressive and professional CALEA Nationally Accredited Police Department. The Southern Pines Police Department is a highly trained, professional organization that has embraced the concept of Community Oriented Policing. The Southern Pines Police Department offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package to include:
- Minimum Starting Salary – $46,000
- Additional Salary Credits, on top of base salary, for Veterans, College Degrees, Intermediate and Advanced Law
- Enforcement Certifications and other specialized certifications
- A $100 biweekly Discretionary Supplemental Income benefit ($2,600 annualized)
- Enrollment in the North Carolina Retirement system
- 401(K) contribution of 5%
- Medical Insurance at minimal cost for employee plus many ancillary benefit options
- Personal Sick and Vacation accrual benefit
- We accept unused Sick Leave balance from previous government agency employer
- A variety of authorized duty uniforms provided by the agency
- Take home vehicle plan
- Comprehensive job relevant training opportunities that help officers advance through the rank structure
Uniformed officers currently work a 4 on/4 off 12-hour shift. Successful applicants must pass a physical, drug test, comprehensive criminal background investigation and psychological testing.
Please note that the minimum pay range shown is just that – a minimum. We look at every candidate individually and will make sure that your starting pay offer will be based on the experience, knowledge, skills and abilities YOU bring to the table.