GA Peace Officers Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.) certified Police Officer with full power of arrest, who will be responsible for issues involving personal safety and security of students/staff/faculty and property of Morehouse College and other outside facilities/functions and the enforcement of state and federal laws and enforce college statutes and regulations.
Polygraph, drug screening, physical examination and criminal background checks are part of the hiring process.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Coordinate with Supervisors regarding goals of department.
• Provide protection and assistance to persons and property on campus, which includes enforcement of federal and state laws and campus rules and regulations.
• Respond to, investigate, document and complete accurate case reports on criminal, non-emergency and emergency incidents and detail information and action taken.
• Exercise independent judgment in emergency situations involving danger to life and/or property.
• Provide security for campus special events, social and sports events.
• In the execution of duties, work in close cooperation with Morehouse College and the immediate community, other law enforcement agencies, mental health, governmental, community, health, emergency, criminal justice and legal entities.
• Any other duties as prescribed by Chief of Police, his/her Designee or Supervisor.
• Non-exempt with forty-hour week shift work.
• Must be able to have flexibility in work schedule.
• Positions in this class typically require frequent standing, walking, sitting, grasping, lifting and carrying, bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, use of foot controls, driving, talking, hearing and seeing.
• Positions are also subject to and must successfully pass physical exam and drug test.
• Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. ?
• High School education or equivalent
• POST certified Peace Officer in good standing
• Minimum experience of 3 years in police work
• Minimum of 21 years old and possess a valid driver’s license
• No felony convictions
Special Skills Required:
• Good oral and written communication and inter-personal skills.
• A strong work ethic and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Must possess the ability establish and maintain effective working relationship with diverse campus community.
• Proficiency in maintenance and use of firearm.
• IT literate and basic proficiency in operation of standard office equipment.