Salary: $69,729.96 – $101,079.01 Annually.
Are you dedicated and passionate about making a positive impact in the community and the lives of others? Are you passionate about law enforcement? We are looking for problem solvers with a desire to effect positive change within our community. The ideal candidate is professional, motivated, and seeking new challenges and opportunities in a thriving community.
- Assists in the investigation of criminal offenses.
- Assists in the investigation of vehicle crashes.
- Enforces traffic laws.
- Performs crime prevention activities and actively works with community.
- Patrols the City to prevent and detect crimes.
- Builds key relationships in the community and responds to requests for assistance.
- Prepares written reports on incidents investigated.
- Coordinates efforts to ensure Richfield is an equitable, inclusive and respectful organization and supports the City’s mission, vision and core values.
- Performs other police and public safety work as assigned.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Education Development Certificate (GED).
- Completion of a two to four year P.O.S.T.-certified law enforcement training.
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a Police Officer’s license issued by the Minnesota Police Officer Standards and Training Board within a reasonable amount of time.
- Must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Familiarity with personal computers (PC) and different operating systems.
- Law enforcement and/or non-law enforcement volunteer experience.
- Fluency in Spanish, Hmong, Somali, Vietnamese or other non-English language(s).
- Candidates will be subjected to a thorough medical and psychological examination and background investigation.
- Officers appointed must successfully complete a minimum of 14 weeks Field Training.