$36,400 beginning annual salary
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until 12:00 Noon on September 15, 2023
- Enforces all city and state codes, ordinances, laws, and regulations in order to protect life and property and to prevent crime and promote security.
- Maintains visibility by patrolling assigned area, city streets, parks, neighborhoods, and businesses to ensure security; makes observations for prowlers, vagrants, suspicious persons, and other violators.
- Performs surveillance of various locations and of criminal suspects; collects and reviews data; develops trends and/or patterns pertaining to locations/suspects; files intelligence reports. Investigates reported crimes; interviews and obtains statements from victims, witnesses, suspects, and confidential informants; processes crime scenes; gathers, prepares, and submits evidence to crime lab.
- Obtains and serves warrants; performs various search operations; locates missing persons.
- Determines probable cause to search and/or reasonable suspicion to detain suspects; pursues
fleeing and subdues resisting suspects; affects arrests; processes and transports prisoners.
- High school diploma or GED. Must possess and evidence a valid driver’s license at the time of application. Must be at least 21 years of age by date application is turned in.
- Must be a U. S. Citizen.
- Within one (1) year of employment as a Police Officer:
- Must pass and maintain current Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certification requirements as a law enforcement officer in accordance with Mississippi Board of Minimum Standards. Must be qualified to operate a firearm.
- May be required to attain and maintain additional certifications.