Closes On: June 30, 2023 at 05:00 PM EST
Minimum base salary is $43,932 plus an excellent benefit package
The City of Hinesville is accepting applications for Police Officers. This position is responsible for the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws and the protection of life and property. Hinesville Police Department Officers enjoy the benefit of working a rotating, 12-hour shift.
Major duties include:
- Patrols assigned zones to detect and deter criminal activity and traffic violations.
- Responds to calls relayed by the communications officer, including domestic disputes, assaults, burglaries, traffic accidents, lost or missing persons searches, public service duties, stranded motorists, and other calls for service.
- Conducts preliminary inquiries into misdemeanors and field interviews, including interviewing victims, complaints, and witnesses, gathering information and evidence, and securing the crime scene.
- Apprehends, arrests, and processes offenders, including juveniles.
- Provides assistance and back-up support to other officers as necessary.
- Performs desk officer duties, including answering the telephone and directing calls, monitoring police radio traffic, entering data in the department records management system, and handling fine payments.
- Participates in or conducts presentations to citizen groups.
- Provides first aid and CPR to victims as necessary and assists motorists.
- Provides traffic direction for events such as parades, funerals, ball games, and school crossings.
- Testifies in judicial proceedings.
- Be 20 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Have a DD 214 if ever served in the Armed Forces.
- Be able to pass a physical agility test, psychological screening, polygraph examination, and background investigation.