The City of Anamosa, Iowa (pop. 5,350) is accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Officer. The Anamosa Police Department is a full-service law enforcement agency that values dedication, community, and integrity. ILEA certification and a college degree are preferred, but not required. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. Citizen and resident of Iowa (upon being employed)
- 18 years of age (at the time of appointment)
- Hold a valid Iowa driver’s license
- Pass a drug screen test
- Be of good moral character as determined by a thorough backgroundinvestigation (No felony convictions or crimes involving moral turpitude)
- Successfully pass physical fitness tests
- Not opposed to use of force to fulfill duties
- High school graduate or GED
- Have uncorrected vision of not less than 20/100 in both eyes, corrected to20/20, and color vision consistent with the occupational demands of law enforcement.
- Have normal hearing in each ear (hearing aids are acceptable if a candidate can demonstrate sufficient hearing proficiency to perform all necessary duties of a law enforcement officer)
- Be examined by a physician and meet the physical requirements necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of a law enforcement officer.
- Undergo psychological testing (MMPI-2)
- Undergo cognitive testing (POST)