We are searching for qualified applicants to join the Rock Valley College Police Department for the position of Police Officer. You will join a team promoting a safe environment for the campus; perform public relations with students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Maintain order at campus and satellite facilities, in line with College policies, and State and Federal Laws. The established base salary for new hires will be $54,000. New hire employees will receive a one-time hiring bonus of $4,000 in two equal disbursements. The first lump sum payment of $2,000 will be issued in with your first pay. The second lump sum payment of $2,000 will be issued 6 months later. This bonus will not be added to the employee’s base salary amount. The hiring bonus is valid through the current Collective Bargaining Agreement, which expires June 30, 2023. New full-time officers with at least three years of full-time police service without a break in service greater than two years, shall be hired at a starting salary, which is $1000.00 above the established starting salary for a new hire, $55,000. These placements are for wages only and not for seniority, or any other accrued benefits.
Some of the essential functions for this role include:
- Respond to calls for service and provide emergency and non-emergency assistance.
- Protect personnel and property within the campus boundaries, including the surrounding community.
- Conduct investigations as required.
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide care as needed.
- Enforce local, state, and college criminal, traffic, and parking statutes and regulations.
- Actively patrol grounds and buildings and make recommendations to improve security and safety.
- Perform felony and misdemeanor arrests, as necessary.
Requirements for Police Recruit Officer:
- High School Diploma.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Valid F.O.I.D. Card or the ability to obtain one.
- Candidates are required to have an uncorrected vision of minimum 20/40 with both eyes open and an aided corrected vision of 20/20 as well not being color blind.
- Successful completion of a valid Police Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) Test within 6 months of the written examination dates. Test cards will be accepted from any authorized POWER Test administrator.
- Successful completion of written testing, oral interview, background investigation, psychological evaluation, drug screen and medical exam are necessary.
- No record of felony convictions or a crime involving moral turpitude or misdemeanor(s) that would prohibit the ability to obtain Illinois State Certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board.
- Must be IL resident or willing to move to IL upon hire.