Performs law enforcement, crime prevention work; patrols an assigned area for the prevention of crime, the maintenance of law and order; performs investigative work including special assignments. Also performs a variety of technical law enforcement tasks.
$26.60 – $37.43 Hourly
• Patrols City in radio-equipped car; answers calls for the protection of life and property and the enforcement of City, County and State Laws; conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations of disturbances, prowlers, burglaries, thefts, robberies, death and other criminal incidents as assigned
• Coordinates and conducts complete detailed investigations of all crime activity
• Patrols the City and responds to calls related to traffic incidents and any other required emergencies; observes, monitors and controls routine unusual traffic conditions; assists and advises motorists and enforces traffic safety laws
• Collects and preserves evidence at accident scenes; lifts fingerprints; draws sketches; takes photographs
• Makes arrests as necessary; interviews victims, complainants, witnesses, interrogates suspects; searches and transports prisoners; testifies and presents evidence in court
• Serves warrants, subpoenas; keeps up to date on laws, procedures required for processing warrants; retrieves and requests information involving arrests, subpoenas; files complaints and performs other work related to processing for misdemeanor and felony complaints
• Contacts and cooperates with other law enforcement agencies in matters relating to the apprehension of offenders and the investigation of offenses
• Prepares reports of arrests made; activities performed, crimes investigated; and unusual incidents
• Stops drivers who are operating vehicles in violation of laws; warns drivers against unlawful practices; issues citations and makes arrests as necessary
• Maintains contact with citizens regarding potential law enforcement problems and preserves good relationships with the general public
• Performs the essential duties of the job in the conditions described in the physical demands and work environment sections below
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
• Performs other duties as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as listed above.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have at the time of hire and be able to maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
Must be a Certified Police Officer at the time of application.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to maintain a level of physical fitness to meet department standards. Correct visual acuity to 20/20.