The Detroit Police Department offers an extraordinary range of career options, from street patrol and investigations to advanced tactical units, crime analysis, community relations and more. The Detroit Police Department has it all for anyone who is seeking the full spectrum of being a law enforcement officer in a major city.
Salary $37,822.50 – $56,543.10 Annually
Examples of Duties
A police officer shall be responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the protection of life and property, enforcement of criminal and traffic laws, prevention of crime, preservation of the public peace, and the apprehension of criminals:
- A police officer is responsible for the detection, prevention, and suppression of crime (e.g., proactive policing, etc.);
- A police officer shall also be responsible for performing clerical duties as assigned by proper authority; and
- A police officer shall ensure that all required forms, logs, etc., that are created by the officer are properly completed.
A police officer shall assume any other duties and responsibilities, which may be delegated by a superior officer or an entity with authority within the department.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid Driver's License
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- U. S. Citizen
- No felony convictions