The position provides law enforcement and public safety services to the University community. It is a sworn position and requires the carrying of a firearm.
- Enforce the laws legislated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the rules/regulations established by the University.
- Provide law enforcement, security, and police related services to the University community in an effort to enhance the safety and security of people and property.
- Conduct proactive mobile and foot patrols in an effort to deter or detect criminal activity, security breaches, or public safety issues.
- Respond to incidents and/or requests for assistance by the University community and take appropriate action to either resolve or contain a situation.
- Conduct preliminary investigations of criminal and related non-criminal incidents.
- Document criminal and related non-criminal incidents, using established departmental reports and/or forms, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Enhance the University community’s awareness about safety and security issues through informal discussions and formal programming, as directed.
- Provide general information to the University community and its visitors, when requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree preferred.
- Previous law enforcement experience preferred, ideally in a campus setting.
- Excellent verbal, communication and problem-solving skills a must.
- Certification under Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Act 120 (Municipal Police Officers Education Training Commission).
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Pre-employment Criminal Background Check, Psychological, Drug and Alcohol Tests.
- Valid drivers license required.