Salary: $28.40-$42.06 DOE.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Police, and assigned under direct supervision of Sergeants, and the Lieutenant, the Police Officer is responsible for all general uniform police operations which may place the employee’s life or personal safety at risk. Operations include the following but are not limited to: patrolling the City of Draper to actively prevent or detect crime and enforce criminal statutes or ordinances of the state of Utah or any of its political subdivisions, responding to situations involving threats to public safety, making emergency decisions affecting the lives and health of others and providing community protection.
- Patrols all areas of Draper City in police vehicles, or on foot, including the city streets and alleys, checking for unlocked doors, windows, and building security; makes business location and residential house checks for possible illegal activities.
- Responds to calls for assistance: secures crime scenes for evidence searches, makes preliminary investigation and interrogates complainants, witnesses, and suspects, completes complaint questionnaires, performs case follow-up, and assists with investigation activities as assigned, and makes arrests as warranted.
- Controls traffic and enforces traffic laws and ordinances: directs traffic, assists motorists, issues citations and warnings for moving violations, D.U.I’s and investigates accidents involving motor vehicles, prepares and submits accident, offense, arrests, and other forms and reports as necessary.
- Serves processes, notices, summons, and subpoenas and keeps records of dispositions; escorts prisoners to and from county jail or from one location to another, and subdues unruly prisoners when necessary.
- Completes comprehensive reports of daily activities and enforcement actions; prepares for court cases and testifies in court when required.
- Cleans and maintains assigned firearms and vehicles and other special equipment.
- Performs ongoing public relations to enhance the image of Draper City and the Police department within the community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Entry level or lateral.
- Applicants who have graduated from a Utah P.O.S.T. approved academy or out-of-state lateral officers who have passed the P.O.S.T. Waiver Process are preferred. Applicants currently attending a Utah P.O.S.T. approved academy will be considered.
- Valid Utah driver license.
- Pass annual Police Department physical fitness test.
- Must successfully complete FTO training during the probationary period.
- Must complete EVO certification during FTO training.