Are you a service minded professional?
Are you looking for a career in law enforcement?
We are looking for dedicated individuals to join our team.
$62,750.35 – $81,717.24 Annually
8/13/2019 11:59 PM Central
Answers radio calls for all types of police services; patrols assigned geographic area to identify and deter criminal activity and public safety hazards. Investigates traffic accidents; arrests criminal and traffic law violators; issues citations and testifies in legal proceedings; executes misdemeanor and felony warrants of arrest; conducts investigations of criminal offenses, missing persons, and attends all public safety incidents.
Writes reports of offenses, accidents, arrests and other public safety incidents; directs traffic; intervenes and mediates in crisis situations and all types of disputes; performs building and residence security checks; provides high law enforcement visibility to deter crime and inspire community sense of security; refers citizens with non-law enforcement problems to appropriate social service agencies.
Education and Experience
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Education: High School Diploma or a High School Equivalency Certificate. (If you have a GED, then you must have completed at least 12 hours at an institution of higher education with at least a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale).
• If applicable, an honorable discharge from the United States Armed Forces after at least 24 months of active duty service.
• Must be able to work rotating shifts including weekends.
• Must be eligible for certification from TCOLE (Texas Commission on Law Enforcement). For a complete list of the state's licensing requirements, please visit TCOLE at www.tcole.texas.gov.
• Applicants cannot be on probation for any offense on the date of the test.
• Applicants must possess a valid driver's license with no more than three events (moving violations or accidents) in the 36 months preceding the date of application. Out of town applicants, may apply, but must obtain a Texas driver's license upon employment with the City.